- How To Get Tatkal Passport in India
- Types of Passport Application
- Eligibility For Tatkal Scheme
- Steps To Apply For Tatkal Passport
- E-Form Submission For Tatkal Passport
- Documents Required For Tatkal Passport
- Tatkal Passport Fees Payment
- How Much Time Will It Take To Get Tatkal Passport
How To Get Tatkal Passport in India
A passport is must required document to gain access and cross country’s border when commuting between two different countries. The purpose of the passport is to show nations that you are a legal citizen of India. How To Get Tatkal Passport In India It can be used as one of the most reliable forms of identification. Don’t worry if you don’t have knowledge about how to get a Tatkal Passport In India, we are here with our step by step instructions to help you. The application process for Indian passport is quite extensive thus making it nearly impossible to obtain one without being a citizen. It is impossible to visit abroad countries without a valid passport.
Types of Passport Application
To obtain a passport on your name, you have to submit an application form and book a slot through offline or online mode. You must present your certificates when you lodge your application.
Online Passport Application
- The new online passport application in India guides you through the application to help ensure that the passport seva project receives all the information they need to process your passport. Your information will be verified in real time when you attend documents verification at the regional passport office.
Offline Passport Application Form
- If you wish to go with the offline application, you can download passport application from PSP portal or can be brought from passport centres in your region. You need to fill the form completely and submit it along with necessary documents at passport collection centre. Applicants need to take prior appointment for submitting forms physically.
Application Forms are available for two different categories, they are
- Fresh Passport
- Reissue Of Passport ( If the old one is lost/stolen /damaged)
Eligibility For Tatkal Scheme
The passport is must required for both departures from and re-entry into India. Gone are those days when an applicant used to wait for weeks to get a passport. Tathkal scheme enables you to get the passport in just 10 days; all you need to have is the government issued aadhar card.
The processing speed of Tathkal passport is quicker than normal application, you need to pay some additional amount to avail this service and the police verification will be done on the post-issuance basis. While applying for Indian passport, you can choose either Tathkal or normal scheme.
There are some set of rules that have to be fulfilled if you are willing to apply for the passport in Tathkal scheme, they are given below. Check these guidelines and cross check whether you are eligible to apply for Tatkal Passport or not.
- You are not eligible to apply if your passport is lost or stolen.
- Applicants born to Indian parents outside India cannot choose this scheme.
- Nagaland origin people staying outside Nagaland.
- Change in gender or appearance
- If any change is observed in personal credentials like a signature.
- Minor children with the single parent cannot apply for Tathkal passport.
- People residing in Jammu Kashmir, Nagaland and Children’s adopted by foreign nationals or Indians
- Candidates who have been deported to India from other countries.
- If any citizen has been granted citizenship status on the basis of neutralization or registration.
Steps To Apply For Tatkal Passport
The new online Tathkal passport application form allows you to nominate a delivery address that is different from a permanent address where you can receive it by post. When Applying for Tatkal Passport, please follow the steps given by us. Know what you need for getting a passport; make sure that you have photocopies of must required documents before filling Tathkal Passport Online Application.
- To start the process, applicants have to visit the official portal of passport India to access online Tathkal application Form. ( Click Here To Go Portal Of Passport )
- Register your details on the website for generating login credentials on your name
- Every applicant will be given with a login ID and password that have to be used to access the application form.
- As soon as you log in to the website, you will be asked whether you are applying for a fresh passport or reissue.
- Select relevant option, and click on “Tatkal” in the scheme type.
- Fill the online application form completely without leaving a single box, you will be asked to upload some supporting documents.
- Carefully check all the details and submit it when you are sure about the given information.
- After submission, applicants need to proceed further for payment.
- You can remit the fees online through internet banking or by using your debit/credit card.
- Take the print out of online application form and payment receipt after completing all the formalities.
- Now your duty is to book a slot at the nearest passport office and produce your documents to the verification officer.
- Your details will be cross-checked with the submitted proofs; passport will be sent to your address if everything goes well.
E-Form Submission For Tatkal Passport
If you are not comfortable with online form submission, then proceed ahead with e form submission for obtaining the passport under Tathkal scheme.
- Click on the download e form link that is available on the main page of passport India website.
- Fill the saved e form, furnish all details and hit on “Validate and save option” to generate an XML file which has to be uploaded to the portal.
- Open passport Seva portal, register your details and log in with the given user ID and password.
- Click on Upload e-form option to submit the Tathkal application form.
- Now you will be just left with online payment, complete it quickly and take a print out of your application along with payment confirmation receipt.
- Step into Passport Seva Kendra along with original documents and identity proofs.
Also Read About: Passport Police Verification Status
Documents Required For Tatkal Passport
Please note that applicants have to come in person on verification day because your information will be checked by concerned staff. Given below are the documents required for applying for Tatkal passport.
- A valid address proof and identity proof( applicants can submit anyone proof from the documents mentioned down)
- Phone bill, electricity bill or water bill with present address
- Driving license
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Rental agreement( in case if you are living in rented house)
- Bank passbook
- Passport of parents or spouse
- Gas connection.
- Employee identity card with your present address.
- Retired pensioners card with address
- Age proof- you need to submit the documents mentioned in the next points to prove your age.
- You can produce a birth certificate that is in your name, it should be issued by either local municipal authority or by the hospital where you were born.
- Secondary school certificate.
Tatkal Passport Fees Payment
The Tatkal Passport Fees should be remitted while submitting an Online Application Form; it is a non-refundable processing fee and will be retained by passport seva whether or not your application is accepted. You need to pay Rs.2000 in addition to the normal fees.
Charge for Fresh Passport and renewal with 36 pages booklet is 3500, whereas for 60 pages booklet is Rs.4000
How Much Time Will It Take To Get Tatkal Passport
The Tatkal Scheme is being implemented to issue passport quickly, it is very useful for people who urgently need a passport to fly abroad for business or for study purpose. As per the new rules, the Tathkal passport will be issued within 1-3 days from the day when documents are verified.