- How To Track Passport Application Status In India
- Steps To Check Passport Status Online
- Track Passport Status by National Call center
- Check Your Passport Application Status Via SMS
- Verify Passport Application Status Through mPassport Seva App
- Types Of Application Status
- Passport Application Submitted
- The Application Under Review For a Reason
- Police Verification Report Submitted or Under Review
- Passport Application Granted
- Printed Or Dispatched Or Returned Undelivered
- You Can Also Check Out Related Terms
- How To Track Passport Application Status (Video)
How To Track Passport Application Status In India
How To Track Passport Application: Crossing international borders is not an easy task; you need to have important documents like a passport. Your passport remains the exclusive property of Government of India and you are the only person allowed to use it. Have you applied for passport verification? Citizens would definitely like to read some useful tips that help them to check Passport Application Status in India to know the application progress.
A valid Indian passport is the only universally accepted travel identification document that proves you have a right to return to India. Your passport will be granted only if the details given by you are found correct. You need to wait until sometime after document verification to get a passport on your name, meanwhile, applicants can check its status through passport seva portal.
Steps To Check Passport Status Online
All Indian passport applications are trackable; your receipt will contain a file number that lets you Check Passport Status Online. It is legal for you to leave or enter India with a valid passport issued by Government of India; the authority has instituted a simple process to verify your application status using the internet. Scroll down to see important steps.
- Once the verification is completed, the department will allocate a file number and the application will be sent to the concerned department for further processing.
- The official website of passport Seva i.e. (www.passportindia.gov.in) is the main platform where you can check your application status.
- To do so, Please click on the above-given link and choose “Track your application status” option.
- You have to give three inputs to process further, select your application type from the given list followed by file number in the second box. The file number is printed on the acknowledgment form that is given to you after personal verification.
- At last, applicants will be asked to select the date of birth as mentioned in the application form.
- Once verify your inputs before submitting your details to the server.
- If the information submitted is correct, a new page appears on the screen where you can view your file number, date of birth, name, application submission date and the present status of your passport application.
- This process will help citizens to track out their application progress. Contact the help desk service if you are unable to check passport status even after furnishing genuine details.
Track Passport Status by National Call center
If you don’t have internet connectivity, then you are advised to track passport status by national call center number 1800-258-1800.
Please note that the passport would be delivered to your communication address given in the application but not to your office or home.|How To Track Passport Application|You will come across an interactive voice response system upon dialing the national call center number, you need to input file number along with your date of birth to check whether your application is processed or not.
There is also an option to speak with customer support executive, you can express your concerns if any delay is observed in delivering the passport to the given door number.
Check Your Passport Application Status Via SMS
Applicants can now access their passport application status by sending an SMS to 9704100100, remember that the message should be sent from your registered mobile number.
This service is available to customers at any time from anywhere in the country, your mobile should have enough balance to send the message. One sending SMS to the given number, passport seva will send your application name and its status in the form of text message.
Format to send SMS: STATUS File number to 9704100100
Verify Passport Application Status Through mPassport Seva App
An applicant from anywhere in India has to download the mPassport app to check application status; it will help you to save time as you don’t need to open Google and type in the URL of Passport Seva Kendra. Track Passport Application Status Considering the growing number of Individuals, the department has launched the passport app for your convenience.
All you need to have to check passport application status through the mPassport app is your acknowledgment number and date of birth. It is a free service, you won’t be asked to pay any amount.
You Can Download mPassport Seva App By Click Here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.mea.psp&hl=en
Types Of Application Status
- Don’t be an assumption that your passport will be sent to the mentioned address right after attending personal verification; it has to undergo few other processes. You have to know the type of application status before checking the progress of your files. Look down to know more.
Passport Application Submitted
- This message will appear on the screen when you check passport status online through passport Seva official website; this means you have to wait few more days to get international travel permit in your name.
The Application Under Review For a Reason
- A day comes when your application will undergo the verification process. You will receive the document immediately via post if all the details are found correct or else you will see “Application under review for a reason”. Your form will be under review at the regional passport office and it will be accepted after submitting required documents to the authorities.
Police Verification Report Submitted or Under Review
- Every applicant has to get good remarks in police verification or else the application would be rejected. If everything is fine with your character and behavior, the report will be sent to the passport office. If the verification is initiated, you can see a message regarding the same. An intimation message will be sent to the registered mobile number when once the passport is dispatched.
Passport Application Granted
- When this sentence appears on the online passport application status check page, it means that your details are validated and your application is accepted after strict verification. Wait until the booklet is mailed to your address.
Printed Or Dispatched Or Returned Undelivered
- Depending upon the option that you have chosen, your details will be printed either on 32 or 60 pages booklet. Don’t accept the dispatched passport if the seal is broken or if the booklet is damaged. You will see the status as returned undelivered if no one has collected your passport at the given house number.
You Can Also Check Out Related Terms
- What Is An Indian Passport
- Passport Police Verification Status
- (Step-By-Step) How To Get Tatkal Passport In India