- What Is An Indian Passport?
- How To Apply For Passport?
- What Are The Documents Required For Passport?
- Fees Structure For Indian Passport?
- How To Make Appointment For Passport?
- While applying for a Passport In India, the applicant is needed to present himself/herself to a regional passport workplace for the purpose of verification of the information submitted inside the application form.
- How To Apply For A Passport Using Aadhaar Card?
Looking for an article about Indian Passport, Documents Required For The Passport, How To Apply For The Passport, Passport Enquiry and so on? Then you are at the right place.
What Is An Indian Passport?
An Indian passport is a passport issued by way of order of the president of India to Indian residents for the cause of international journey. It allows the bearer to travel across the world and serves as proof of Indian citizenship as in keeping with the passports act (1967).
The passport seva (passport provider) unit of the consular, passport & visa (CPV) department of the ministry of external affairs, functions as the central passport organization and is responsible for issuing Indian passports on demand to all eligible Indian residents. Indian passports are issued at 93 passport offices positioned throughout India and at 162 Indian diplomatic missions abroad.
Passport is issued with the help of the Indian authorities certify that holders are citizens of the Republic of India via birth or naturalization. That is as in keeping with the passports act, 1967.
The CPV (consular passport & visa) department of the external affairs ministry works as imperative passport business enterprise and it is also accountable for Indian passport issuance. The issuance of passport happens across 37 unique locations around the country. There are 162 diplomatic missions overseas in which Indian passport is issued. These include consulates, high commissions, and embassies.
An Indian passport is an officially-issued record that allows the holder to travel to and from overseas international locations. It also confirms that the holder is a citizen of the issuing country, in addition to confirming the holder’s identity.
Type of passport
There are mainly 3 type of passport they are:-
- Ordinary Passport?
- Official Passport?
- Diplomatic Passport?
ORDINARY PASSPORT– Is issued to everyday residents for ordinary travel, along with for vacation, observe and commercial enterprise trips (36 or 60 pages). It’s miles a “type p” passport, wherein p stands for personal.
OFFICIAL PASSPORT– Is issued to individuals representing the Indian government on authentic business. It’s a “type s” passport, s standing for Services.
DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT– Is issued to Indian diplomats, top rating authorities officers, and diplomatic couriers. It’s miles a “kind d” passport with d status for diplomatic.
How To Apply For Passport?
- To use for the Passport Online, one will have to log into the PSP website, online, at www.Passportindia.Gov.In and get an appointment or time slot to visit the psk. This includes registering on the website i.e. Creating a user id, or, if already registered, it entails logging in to the website with a legitimate identity.
- Users of the web page will need to specify what form of utility it is i.e. Sparkling or reissue, every day or tatkal, form of passport i.e. Every day, diplomatic or official. Users can also follow online for police clearance certificates (percent) and identification certificates. The desired paperwork will need to be filled and both submitted online or downloaded and uploaded later.
- Applications which have been submitted or saved can also be regarded on the website. Statistics on documents required may be received right here. It additionally functions a fee calculator to understand how lots must be paid. Rate payment is also processed online. It is easy to find details of these packs that provide appointments most effective if expenses are paid on-line first. The website ultimately presents a person an application receipt.
- To apply for Passport Offline, applicants can download and print passport paperwork and post them at passport series facilities or purchase the form and put up it in the facilities. However, aside from packs, only applications for new passports may be universal at collection facilities.
- For certain applicants which include minors, handicapped and senior residents, applications may be submitted at packs without appointments i.e. As walk-ins. In this example, packages should be submitted online for generation of art. This is needed for stroll-in without the appointment. This is for instances which include tatkaal or getting percent.
Visit Passport Website By Click On http://www.passportindia.gov.in/
What Are The Documents Required For Passport?
The following Passport Documents are required while applying for an Indian Passport:
- Sl No. Required Documents
- Application form
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Income tax assessment order
- Gas connection proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Registered rent agreement
- Voter ID card
- Telephone bill (Mobile or Landline)
- Copy of spouse’s passport (provided the applicant’s current address matches the one mentioned in the spouse’s passport)
- Active bank account passbook containing the applicant’s photograph (in case of public sector, private sector, regional banks only)
- Letter from reputed employer
- Copy of parent’s passport (For Minor Applicants)
- Proof of date of birth document
- Municipal birth certificate
- Documentary proof for Non-ECR categories (If Applicable)
Fees Structure For Indian Passport?
The Online Passport Application Fees :
- The renew passport or the fresh passport is available for(valid) 10 years. And it fees charge is RS 1500.
- Renew passport or fresh passport with validity for 10 years it charges Rs.2,000.
- Renewal or First-time applicant with ‘tatkal’ service and 10 years validity it charge Rs.3,500
- Renewal or First-time applicant with ‘tatkal’ service and 10 years validity it charge Rs.4,000
- New passport for minors with validity for 5 years and it charge Rs.1,000
- Replacement in case of loss, theft or damage of passport it charge Rs.3,000
- Replacement in case of loss, theft or damage of passport and it charge Rs.3,500
How To Make Appointment For Passport?
While applying for a Passport In India, the applicant is needed to present himself/herself to a regional passport workplace for the purpose of verification of the information submitted inside the application form.
- Step 1: Login To the online Passport Seva Portal with registered login Id.
- Step 2: Click on Apply for Fresh /reissue passport.
- Step 3: Fill the required details on the form and submit.
How To Apply For A Passport Using Aadhaar Card?
- Aadhaar is a completely unique 12 digit identification variety issued by using particular identification authority of India (UIDAI). The Aadhaar card incorporates biometric and demographic info of a person.
- During the last couple of months, the authorities have made the availability for linking Aadhaar card to financial institution debts, LPG connections, and voter identity card. The interlinking of Aadhaar with passport issuance manner has become a fact last year. This circulates will help people get their passport a good deal sooner.
- Any individual who has a valid Aadhaar card can tempo up the passport utility system.
People applying for the passport can put off the police verification step within the application system by filing their Aadhaar card.
- The ministry of external affairs is using Aadhaar card for an identity of the passport applicant on the countrywide crime information bureau for verification of the applicant’s criminal file. The passport software process includes an extended police verification step with the intention to be skipped in this situation until the passport is issued.
- The applicant will get the passport in 10 days most effective on the circumstance that the applicant receives the police verification after they obtain the passport.
What Is Passport Reissue?
- While issuing passports, the passport workplace has two primary issuing techniques issuing a new passport and reissuing an old passport.
- If an Indian has ever held a passport in India earlier than (regardless of at what age, or how many years ago, or maybe if the passport turned into used or now not), he or she needs to only follow for a passport e-book below the reissue class.
- All passports have a selected time period for which they’re valid, and after the expiry date, the passport is considered invalid for the purposes of the tour, or as a recognizable, legal identity.
Passport Enquiry Number?
- You Can Call On Passport Enquiry Number: 1800-258-1800
Indian Passport FAQ Pages?
- Passport FAQ Page: Passport FAQ
We are quite sure that our service has pleased and we will continue to do so in future. Apart from this if you have any problem or issue regarding our service comment down below in the comment section. We will try to reach it out as soon as possible. And for more information like this keep contact with us, Take care.